Wednesday, August 23, 2017

REASONS


By


Tyler Cahill


To my dear future lover, You’re beautiful.
I just want to say i’m sorry for
Everything i’ll probably put you through
But it’s all just because i’m sad and i haven’t
Been shown love like so many others have
I have no concept of what it’s like
What it feels like to shown
Compassion and caring.


All i’ve known my life
Are the same white walls of my sadness.
Stuck in what feels like the same place has
Given me a lot of time to think about what
My life in the future holds.
I sometimes can’t see my future and i
Think i’ll probably end up offing myself before I hit
twenty -Years old.


Please know that I must care for you
And it’s not you why i’m sad,
It’s my own messed up head turning me against
Myself and making me the bad person
In every situation
I’m sorry i’m so insecure with my body
And everything i do
I’m sorry that i wear long sleeves to hide
The scars i’ve added to my self over the years
And that every time i’m shirtless in
Front you, you see my dark past.
I’m sorry that every time you look into my eyes
You see sadness and pain
I hope someday you see the happiness
That are stored in them and my crystal
Blue eyes capture you and make you
Happy too.


Please just hold me and care for me
I just want your love and
You’re beautiful personality
Give me your hand because just knowing
You’re there makes me happy
And comfortable. Please just protect
me from myself
Please be my reason to stay.



2 comments:

  1. One day you will find someone who will love you for who you are. Don't ever forget the painful memories, just remember that each one led you closer to your "One" and you will learn a lesson from each one on the way: from how to kiss, to how to handle heartbreak. You'll learn what you need from a relationship. Goodluck in your journey to find love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so hauntingly beautiful. It's amazing how you captivated your thoughts and feelings, and how relatable this can be. Very well written!

    ReplyDelete